Heringer Estates Vineyards and Winery (HEVW) is a family owned and operated vineyard and winery located in beautiful Clarksburg, CA that sells grapes and bulk wines to a diverse clientele of wineries.
We are a progressive farming family with a history of integrity, sustainability and excellence spanning six generations. We produce award winning wine grapes and wines from 100% estate grown grapes. Our vineyard management team manages approximately 650 acres of vineyards which supply wine grapes to over 40 wineries in California and throughout the United States. We grow the highest quality wine grapes and deliver pristine fruit at peak ripeness to our winery partners. Our winery crafts premium quality small batch estate bottled and Clarksburg appellate wines sold primarily direct to consumer.
Heringer Estates grows over 20 wine grape varieties including Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc, Muscat Canelli, Pinot Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, Verdejo, Viognier, Aglianico, Barbera, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Dolcetto, Grenache, Malbec, Mourvedre, Nebbiolo, Norton, Petite Sirah, Petit Verdot, Pinot Noir, Primitivo, Tannat, Tempranillo, and Teroldego.
Vineyard practices include, but are not limited to:
- Deficit irrigation with row-by-row water management
- Shoot thinning to 1-2 shoots per position
- Seasonal leaf pulling to create dappled sunlight
- Fruit thinning to create a consistent fruit zone
- Cover crops to naturally introduce nutrients into the soil
- Weekly berry sampling once varieties reach 20ºBx that is shared with clients
- Precision variety management plans
Every variety is analyzed throughout the season to create an individual management strategy based on the needs of the variety in the given growing season. Both hand harvest with table sorting and machine harvesting with bins and/or line sorting are available. Our intensive practices create a clean and consistent fruit zone that is easily accessed by hand or machine.
Heringer Estates wine grapes are third party certified sustainable through Protected Harvest via Lodi Rules.
We tend for our land with the future and present in mind, from conscientious water management to integrating native plants to our rotating cover crop.
Sustainability Industry Notes:
- 86% of wine market gatekeepers say environmental attributes of wines impact their purchasing decisions
- Enhance relationships with green consumers through branding integration
- To learn more about the sustainable wine industry visit SustainableWinegrowing.org
Sustainability Marketing Assets for Clients
- Logos can be used on certified TTB approved wine labels for wines bottled with at least 85% certified fruit
- Logos can be used on all marketing and promotional material for wines bottled with at least 85% certified fruit
- To learn more about the standards for our certification visit ProtectedHarvest.org or LodiGrowers.com
Clarksburg’s premium wine grape microclimate compares with the best regions in California. St. Helena, Sonoma and Paso Robles to name a few.
Limited summer fog influence gives the region the benefit of a few more hours of sunlight at the same monthly high temperature. This enables growth of a diverse portfolio of premium wine grapes, all achieved with less risk and higher probability for consistent quality. Clarksburg’s climate has significant less probability for spring frost, allowing more consistent productivity, quality and evenly ripened premium wine grapes year after year! The region sees less rainfall during critical wine grape growing stages to ensure the highest most consistent quality wine grapes available in California.
To view data on the Clarksburg region in comparison to other key wine growing regions, click here.
Heringer Estates produces bulk wines from our certified sustainable Clarksburg vineyards.
We have seen first-hand that great wine can only be crafted from great grapes and that every great wine is first created in the vineyard. Each year we gain more knowledge of our land, the vines, and the unique characteristics of the wine they produce. We strive to make the vineyards better through research and a consuming passion for producing the best wine.
For wine grape or bulk wine availabilities call (916)744-1094 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.