‘Tis the season for wine gift giving! Here in Clarksburg, Heringer Estates is buzzing with ideas for everyone on your list that loves wine.
I find gift giving to be a fun and creative way to express gratitude, love, and affection. That being said, I always used to struggle with shopping for two people on my gift list: Mom & Dad. For the past few years, I’ve found the perfect solution is wine gifts, beer gifts, and adult stockings. You can use these ideas for your favorite, hardest to shop for loved ones.
Dad doesn’t hesitate to pick things up for himself near the holidays, and we can’t seem to keep him away from his beloved Costco during the holiday season.
The challenge with shopping for Mom? Quite simply: she’s trying to live simply. Plus, she’s the queen of DIY and likely can make whatever you were thinking of gifting her anyways.
It all came to me one year when my mom joked, “I know you probably think you’re too old for stockings, but I have so much fun finding things for them.” She’s started adding really fun things to our stockings, like travel accessories when we have trips planned. Major lightbulb moment: grown-up stockings.
I filled Mom’s with dark chocolate, Dad’s with trail mix, and had the clever idea of adding a couple adult bevs! This has grown over the last three years into a really fun gifting tradition.
This year’s stockings have a fun new addition: pairings.
And what better to pair than some Heringer Estates wines? The red Eco Cask can is perfect for Mom, who loves rich flavors and chocolate. The Moscato in a can is perfect for Dad, to go with his savory and spicy flavor preference. These little cans of wine are the perfect fit into my holiday list to complete the perfect grown-up stockings!
So what made it into this year’s stockings?
– Heringer Estates Red Eco Cask in a can paired perfectly with dark chocolate Kitkats if she’s craving sweets, or turmeric cashews if she wants to pair this fruit forward red wine blend with something savory.
– Founder’s Breakfast Stout paired with chocolate and coconut cookies.
– Dragon’s Milk White Stout paired with raspberry dark chocolate.
– Heringer Estates Moscato in a can paired with spicy dried meats with zero preservatives. These classic guy’s snacks go perfectly with the refreshing, and lightly sweet Moscato.
– Six Rivers Macadamia Nut Porter with chocolate covered popcorn.
– Founder’s Solid Gold Lager with Sweet Heat BBQ nut trail mix.
Grown-up stockings are the perfect fix for any of those difficult to shop for on your Christmas list this year. Whether it’s your grown-up kids that manage to buy everything they would have asked for on Cyber Monday, or your minimalist baby-boomer mom, like mine.
So if you’re struggling to get a gift for someone special on your list, consider having fun and putting together a stocking for them filled with all their favorite flavors. Here at Heringer Estates, we strongly encourage some wine gifts for anyone on your Naughty or Nice lists 😉
Shop our wine gifts for your holiday needs: Wine Shop