Holiday sweets please!
The holidays are such a wonderful time of friends, families, holiday cheer, and of course don’t forget the sweets! This year we have combined our two holiday loves of wine and chocolate in the Cherryberry Port Brownie recipe! To find this delightfully rich chocolaty recipe we teamed up with Vicki at CC Celebration Cakes in Clarksburg, Ca. Using the flavors of the Heringer Estates 2015 Red Dessert (port) wine Vicki was able to create an easy to use dry goods brownies in a jar mix. Add this mix with the added recipe ingredients and the 2015 Red Dessert wine and you have a perfect combination of sweet wine and chocolate!
- Brownie in a Jar dry good mix
- 3 eggs at room temprature
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup Heirnger Estates Red Dessert Wine
Making the Cherryberries
- Remove the cherryberries from the jar and place into small saucepan along the 1/3 cup of port.
- Bring to a boil for one minute then remove from heat to cool.
Making the Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare 8″ square pan by spraying non-stick baking spray and place a square of parchment in the pan bottom
- Lightly whisk eggs and set aside.
- Pour remaining jar mix ingredients into a large bowl, stir to combine.
- Add cooled cherryberries and stir.
- Add eggs, butter and additional port and stir just until combined; do not over mix.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake until toothpick comes and clean, about 35 – 40 minutes.
Holiday Gift Boxes
Treat yourself and your friends and family to the Cherryberry Port Brownie Gift Box! The box includes everything you need to make the Cherryberry Port Brownie recipe and make your holiday season extra chocolaty special.