May Is All About Mom’s, Grads, Brides, and Brunch!
The Heringer Estates Wine of the Month for May is the 2016 Sparkling Chardonnay! This wine pairs nicely with almost everything and since May is such a busy month with lots of family and friend gatherings, we have paired this sparkling wine with an amazing Blueberry Bread Pudding recipe.
This Blueberry Bread Pudding brunch/lunch/anytime dish will seriously impress your friends. It will make your heart long for more with every bite, and with some very simple and quick steps will not take long to prepare in the kitchen; so you will have more time to play!
Gather Your Ingredients
Spring is here and the farmers markets have berries! This bread pudding recipe can be made with various types of berries, but blueberries are our favorites. This recipe makes 10 to 12 servings.
Prep the Night Before
- Arrange half of the bread crumbs in a 9 x 13” greased pan to create the bottom layer
- Layer the cream cheese pieces evenly over the whole pan
- Add 1 cup of the blueberries as the 3rd layer
- Top with remaining bread crumbs
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk (or half-and-half), sugar, butter, and maple syrup
- Pour over bread mixture pressing bread cubes to absorb the egg mixture
- Cover and chill 8 hours or over night
Bake in the Morning
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 min
- Uncover and bake for another 30 min or until lightly browned and set.
- Let stand 5 min before serving
- Stir together remaining 2 cups of blueberries and blueberry preserves in a saucepan over low heat until warm to make a sauce
- Serve blueberry sauce over bread pudding
- Garnish as desired
And bravo! It’s time for brunch! Pair this delightful dish with the 2016 Sparkling Chardonnay. The citrus and green apple in the Sparkling Chardonnay will tickle your tongue with the sweet and savory flavors of the bread pudding. You and all of your friends will adore every bite and every sip!
Try the Heringer Estates Wine of the Month Gift Box!
Each box includes a bottle of the 2016 Sparkling Chardonnay, 2 sparkling wine flutes, and the delicious Blueberry Bread Pudding recipe.
This recipe is brought to you by the Heringer family. With a big family and a busy farm, this dish has been a family favorite for holidays and (you guessed it) brunch!
written by Cara Gregor