Sparkling Bread Pudding Brunch – what can be better?
Brunch is that delightful time in-between breakfast and lunch that calls for a celebration. It is a meal that continually brings people together in the best of ways. This year what better way to celebrate Easter than with a sparkling brunch from home with this delicious bread pudding recipe from the Heringer family and Sparkling Chardonnay?
Blueberry Bread Pudding Please
Enjoy a taste of the country with hardly any of the work with this Blueberry Bread Pudding Recipe. Prepare the night before and embrace seasonal spring berries at the farmers’ markets! This bread pudding recipe can be made with various types of berries, but blueberries are our favorites. This recipe makes 10 to 12 servings.
Prep the Night Before
- Arrange half of the bread crumbs in a 9 x 13” greased pan to create the bottom layer
- Layer the cream cheese pieces evenly over the whole pan
- Add 1 cup of the blueberries as the 3rd layer
- Top with remaining bread crumbs
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk (or half-and-half), sugar, butter, and maple syrup
- Pour over bread mixture pressing bread cubes to absorb the egg mixture
- Cover and chill 8 hours or over night
Bake in the Morning
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 min
- Uncover and bake for another 30 min or until lightly browned and set.
- Let stand 5 min before serving
- Stir together remaining 2 cups of blueberries and blueberry preserves in a saucepan over low heat until warm to make a sauce
- Serve blueberry sauce over bread pudding
- Garnish as desired
And bravo! It’s time for brunch! Pair this delightful dish with the Sparkling Chardonnay. The citrus and green apple in the Sparkling Chardonnay will tickle your tongue with the sweet and savory flavors of the bread pudding. You and all of your friends will adore every bite and every sip!
This recipe is brought to you by the Heringer family. With a big family and a busy farm, this dish has been a family favorite for holidays and (you guessed it) brunch!
Written by Creative Director, Cara Gregor